Vail Vail (v[=a]l), v. i.
To yield or recede; to give place; to show respect by yielding, uncovering, or the like.
Born in the great year 1974 (year of the Tiger by the way) in the 19th U.S. state Indiana in the town of Valparaiso. My hometown in Indiana is Chesterton. I am currently living in Wichita, Kansas where the most excitement we get is ice storms and debating on a downtown arena (oops, forgot about the parking in the design).
Taking up most my time is work where we install traffic signals. If i’m not doing that i’m usually playing games on my PC or the 360. I have been a gamer since I was young and my parents brought home a Atari 2600. We even had a table top Galaxian machine in our living room.
Other things tacking up my time are music where I listen to just about anything but Drum and Bass takes up 90% of my iPod (3rd Gen., don’t judge). I taught myself HTML and currently trying to wrap my head around CSS (that’s not Counter-Strike: Source) and web standards. Also taught myself game level design using Valve’s Hammer Editor and Q3Radiant for the Quake 3 engine. I played around with Unreal Ed a little and made one small level with it but didn’t really like it.
Current PC Setup
- Case: iBUYPOWER Tt View 21 2x Side Tempered Glass Gaming Case – Black
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor
- Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
- Memory: 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module – G.SKILL Ripjaws V
- Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT – 8GB
- Power Supply: 750 Watt – Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB – 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
- Primary Hard Drive: 1 TB ADATA SU750 SSD
- Hard Drive: 1 TB WD Blue Hard Drive
- M.2/PCI-E SSD Card – 512 GB Intel 660P Series M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Monitor: Dell D2719HGF 27″
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, “Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” I suppose we all thought that one way or another.
–J. Robert Oppenheimer